Monday, February 2, 2009

A couple funny things.

Emily and I have been begging Mom to let us get another cat. She keeps saying no but that doesn't keep us from asking. We were driving by Petsmart where they have a cat adoption center and I told Mom we were going inside to see if "Albert" was still there. Albert is a cute little Russian Blue just like our kitty. He was there a few weeks ago and if was still there tonight, I was going to get him. Mom kept saying "We're not going in there!" and my response was "Hey, I'm the one behind the wheel. . .I have control of this car and where it parks!" I also said, "If Albert is no longer there, we will not walk out with a new kitty but if Albert is still available. . ." Well, you get the point. Mom kept making it clear we were not going to get another cat. (Of course.) I told her I had prayed about it and I received an answer to go ahead and get a cat. (ha ha) Emily quickly agreed that she prayed and got the same answer. Mom just laughed and said, "Okay Emily. . .that might be believable if you actually prayed!" Emily responded, "Hey! You don't know my life!" It was so funny we just couldn't control our laughter. Lately Emily has been coming up with these HILARIOUS one-liners that keep us laughing every day. Now whenever Mom asks "Why didn't you clean the bathroom?" or "You should get the trashcans out" we respond "Hey! You don't know my life!" (And by the way. . .Emily keeps telling us she really does pray. She's not a bad person. We believe her.) :)

We also had family night tonight. Emily was in charge. Usually not a good thing. :) The first thing that came out of her mouth when we all gathered in the living room was, "Okay. I was looking through the New Era trying to pick an article to discuss and I only read ones with pictures I liked. They're not worth reading if they don't have good pictures." Mom had to have her stop right there. She is too funny. This is why she probably shouldn't be in charge of family night too often. She finally said, "I actually picked the shortest one. We can get this over with quickly."

Everyone thinks Emily is so cute and adorable and so quiet. They can think again.

3 comments:

Tari said...

Ok, wait....did you get a new kitty???

Rayner Gals said...

No such luck.

The Joost Family said...

Way to hold your ground Shirley!!!