Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here you have it...I hope it was worth the wait.


Okay. . .I guess I'm going to have to explain a few things first. On Sunday afternoon we were playing this Nancy Drew computer game Emily got for Christmas. (Yeah, I know...we're pretty pathetic...while all these teenagers are playing "Battlestar Galactica" and "Age of Empires" or whatever all those dumb games are called, Emily and I are playing a Nancy Drew mystery game.) You can "search" through certain things like bookshelves or street vendor tables and pick them up. We found this silly book about Kung-Fu or something like that. We were cracking up so hard because the pictures were hilarious. They went through instructions on how to perform certain moves and the "battle cry" for each of these moves. Really. . .it was so stupid. . .but oh so hilarious. We decided we wanted to make our own instruction pamphlet for Kung-Fu but one thing led to another and it kind of morphed into this "A Day in the Life of a Kung-Fu Master" type thing. So, in the next month or two Emily and I will print these pictures and make a "scrapbook". Now you have to keep in mind, Emily and I usually don't dress up and do stupid things like this (although Mom begs to differ). We thought it would be hilarious because we were both wearing our grey sweatsuits. We also mock and make fun of anyone who likes Japanamation (or whatever you call it) at every opportunity possible. So keep these things in mind as you view these ridiculous pictures. . .

Now, a Kung-Fu Master has to start her day off with a good dose of meditation. . .


(Yes, we have a pile of logs in our garden. . .Brother Merritt brought them over to chop up for our fireplace.)

Then, a Kung-Fu Master has to do some yard work in preparation for battle.


And then it's time for a nutritious (invisible) meal.
(Yes, we have a stove/oven in our back yard. We are soooo cool. No, actually we just got a new oven and that's our old oven that will slowly be taken apart and put in the recycle bin. Everything that isn't metal will go to the dump.)
Then we burn off all those calories with some exercise. (Actually those bricks were ridiculously heavy and my hands were too small to really grasp them. . .I was in pain. I kept yelling "Emily! Come on! Take the stupid picture!")
(No. . .the garden hose was not heavy. Emily was just being stupid.)
And then a Kung-Fu Master has to have a log throwing contest.
Master Emily was the winner. (Yeah, real far, I know.)
Shhh. . .the tiger is coming. . .HIDE!
Hide some more!
Now it's time for battle.
This move is called the upper right chop. I know...very creative.

Here it is in action! (Whaaaam!)
This move is called the face punch.

In action! (Hee-Cha!)
What's that I hear? Is that a baby tiger in trouble?
A Kung-Fu Master always has time to help the helpless.

The battle resumes.
We call this the chest punch...still...very creative. (Okay, maybe we'll have to come up with new action names for the actual book we make.)

In action. (Foo-Shaw!)
The belly punch.

In action. (Eee-cha!)

All in the day of a Kung-Fu Master.


Okay. . .do you see what I mean? We are so ridiculous. At least making this "scrapbook" will give us something fun to do some Sunday afternoon in the future. And I am very sorry if we've offended anyone who likes "Kung-Fu", "Tai-Chi", "Tae-Kwon-Do" or anything that has to do with ancient Japanese "art forms."

2 comments:

Tari said...

I'm sorry, as soon as I pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard, I will leave a real comment.....

The Joost Family said...

Very entertaining, give us some more!!!