Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas. . .Finally.

I finally have time to sit down and post our Christmas pictures. We have so many it was very hard to choose!

One of our favorite (and only) Christmas traditions is to go to Red Lobster on Christmas Eve. I think we have only missed this one year (and that year we went to P.F. Changs). We weren't going to let the snow stop us from getting to Tigard! And yes, the snow was STILL on the ground for Christmas! It was just wrong! Anyway--here are a few adorable pictures of the Christmas Eve dinner.

I couldn't get Andrew to be serious for more than a couple of pictures!



She wasn't much help!



I don't know what they were looking at but I was so lucky to catch this adorable picture. Mikaela Rose is the sweetest baby ever!


More cute Mikaela.


I love seeing Ethan with his cute baby. . .it makes me feel so lucky to have the best big brother in the whole world. (That doesn't mean Philip's not the best, though! I love him too!)


Now that Mikaela is 10 months old it's much easier to get to know her. It was so fun for us to play with her and make her laugh. We can't wait to see her again!

After yummy dinner we went home and had Ethan and his family open their presents from us. As you can tell from the picture, baby Mikaela was VERY interested in getting the presents open. But oh no, she didn't want to open them with her hands, she wanted to open them with her teeth!



Andrew giving Grandma a great big hug! He loves giving and getting big hugs and kisses from his family.

Another one of our traditions is to buy matching Christmas pajamas. This year we found matching P.J.'s at Old Navy. We loved them! (Mom is the plaid, Emily is the reindeer and I'm the Christmas trees.) (And Mom is wearing her new wool booties I bought her from Eddie Baurer. She kept saying (since September) "I really need some new booties, mine are falling apart." I found them on sale and bought them well before Christmas. Every time we were in a store with booties, I was afraid she was going to buy them for herself and then her present would be ruined! But that didn't happen this year.)


One of Emily's favorite presents was the cute kitty book called "Dewey." I think I'm going to have to read it after she does!


Mom got so annoyed with me this Christmas. I found some gum she really liked (but I bought the Costco size--12 packs--yikes!) and I wrapped each one individually and put them in her stocking. She had to open every single one. . .I was cracking up. . .she wasn't.


And this was one of my favorite Christmas presents. Ina Garten's Back to Basics cookbook. We were watching a Food Network show on her and I kept telling my mom "She's my absolute favorite! I want to be just like her when I grow up!" I guess Emily caught on to what I was saying because the next day we went to Target and she got this for me! It was such a surprise!


Mom pointed out I even look like her! That's great because I think she's the most adorable lady ever!

And here's proof we have the most annoying cat in the world. Why does she have to get on all the wrapping paper when we're done opening presents? She's soooooo weird!

But at least she's cute.

3 comments:

The Joost Family said...

Good job with the gum Sarah, sounds like something I would do to your lovely mother. I sure miss you guys!!! I'm glad you are doing a blog so I can see you every so often.

Tari said...

Well, I'm so glad to see you finally got around to getting some
Christmas pics on here! Of course they are all wonderful. Looks like you had a great Christmas!

SalliJune said...

Hey Sarah
Did I ever tell you that is was Ina Garten's book "Barefoot Contessa Family Style" that taught me how to cook? A friend gave it to me for a wedding shower present and I was so charmed by Ina's approach and down-to-earth, let lovely, instructions. Just chock this one up on the ever-growing list of reasons why we're sisters (who just grew up in different states).
By the way, if it weren't for you, I don't think I'd make it to church at 8:30. It's the joy I get out of seeing/talking to you and hearing you play the organ with such energy and life that gets me there. I dig you girl!