Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday evening.

I sort of have a love-hate relationship with Sundays this year. Church starts at 8:30 in the morning! I don't know how the leaders think that's okay! I mean, come on! I now have to shower Saturday night and get to bed early, meaning I might have to miss some of my favorite Saturday night shows! My face is always puffy in the morning--no amount of make-up will ever help! My car is an ice cube every morning so I have to get up even EARLIER to scrape the ice! The even more annoying part is that I wake up, scrape the ice off my car, get dressed, apply make-up and run out the door. . .only to find NEW ice on my windshield. I also can't just get to church right at 8:30--no--I have to be there at 8:15 to start organ prelude! Speaking of playing organ at 8:15 in the morning--I have never heard our chapel so quiet! Last year I used to complain about the noise level. I felt like I was playing prelude to invite the spirit but nobody was listening. Everybody thought it was time to socialize or make last minute arrangements for primary or Sunday school. Now everyone is trying to finish their sleep! It kind of freaks me out being the only noise in the whole chapel! I guess I shouldn't have complained so much last year!

Now that I have complained publicly on the Internet (about church none-the-less) I'll explain the part I LOVE about church starting at 8:30.

1) There's always time for a nap.
2) We have time for lunch AND dinner.
3) We can scrapbook.
4) There might even be time for another nap.
5) We have from 11:30 to bedtime to relax. (Making "keeping the sabbath day holy" commandment much easier to follow. . .Sunday is the day of rest and we are truly resting.)

After Emily and I got home from ward choir we asked mom if we could play a game, perhaps Racko (one of mom's favorite games). Mom's initial reaction was "No. I don't play Racko anymore because I never win." We begged her and she finally gave in.

Now, if you've never played Racko before I'll let you know it is one of the most irritating games to play with my mother. You get a hand of cards you put in your tray. They're all out of order and you have to use various discarded cards to get your tray in order.

The reason it's very annoying to play with my mom is because she always gets this smirk on her face right before she gets Racko. When she has one card left out of order she gets all excited and Emily and I just get annoyed. She always seems to get Racko right when I only have one card left! How is that fair!?!?!? Yeah mom, "I never win Racko. . .I don't play that anymore." WHATEVER!
And here's the cute kitty wanting to join in the fun. Emily always brings her in the family room snuggled up in a blanket. This cat has issues--and it's 100% our fault.

2 comments:

Kaylee and Phil said...

It is good to see you taking responsibility about that cat being so huge and fat and nuts. HaHa

Rayner Gals said...

Don't even start with me...You are half her problem mister!

:)
:)
:)