Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Burst 5K.

Last Saturday, I participated in the Spring Burst 5 and 10K. My good friend from church, Rochelle and our friend Bethany participated also. We drove together and got there nice and early, but it was FREEZING! (And windy, so that didn't really help.)

Before the race! We're freezing our pants off!


Rochelle got the camera out and shot a picture of me crossing the finish line. . .yeah, I pretty much passed that guy on the left. :)


Next was the awards ceremony. I totally didn't pay attention, because I mean, look at me. . .do I really look like I could get an award at a race? They got to the 20-25 year olds and read off 1st place and then 2nd place, (mind you, I'm not listening at this time) and then I heard "Sarah Rayner." I pretty much had no clue what they were talking about! (The thoughts going through my head, "Is there another Sarah Rayner? Is there a 'chubby person who can run the entire race' award?") I went up there and got my red ribbon, and Rochelle and Bethany were like, "Sarah! You got 2nd!" I couldn't believe it. It made my day!



We waited around for the rest of the results and Bethany got 1st place in her age group! Totally awesome!


And then we had to have at least one funny picture.

1 comment:

Tari said...

You ROCK!!!! Way to go!!!!