Thursday, December 4, 2008

How to decorate a tree. . .Rayner style.

Step 1 - Place gold eucalyptus branches in tree.

Step 2 - Place Christmas crackers throughout the tree.



Step 3 - Put really cool ornaments of all shapes and sizes. And of course, they have to all match.






Step 4 - Put up any adorable tree topper. . .but it has to match! Duh!



We decorated for Christmas last night. We have a fake tree that is pre-lit (but it looks completely real!) so it's really easy to set it up and make it balanced.


We filled these cool jars last year and I was sort of dreading putting them together again. I found a bin in the shed that was really heavy. I opened it up and I realized we stored all three jars with all the contents still in them. How easy was that?



I found this cute nativity set at the farm store where I work.


I made these a couple of years ago out of Styrofoam cones. I glued anything silver or gold I could find. (Even pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. I could sell these for a lot with all that change!)



And of course we have to make one new thing every year. I love natural looking things and we decided to try and keep with the "natural" theme the best we could.



And what post would be complete without a picture of the silly kitty. Every time we bring out the decorations she goes crazy! Her back starts twitching and she thinks she has to sniff anything and everything!


2 comments:

Tari said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Even "silly kitty" is adorable.

Anonymous said...

your blog is very welcoming though it did feel like i was intruding on someone's family album. You have some lovely photos and there is a feeling of generosity in your spirit.