Thursday, November 20, 2008

England here we come!!!!!

I told Mom earlier this year that her Christmas present was going to be a plane ticket to England. Well, my hopes were soon crushed when I looked at the price of tickets! They went up nearly 500 dollars from the last time we went two years ago! It's pretty ridiculous! I was visiting teaching the other day and we were having a conversation about the scary economy. Cute Tari mentioned the airlines weren't going to have a gas surcharge anymore! I got online and did some checking but United airlines and Air Canada (the airline we took two years ago) still had their gas tax! Mom reminded me to check Scandinavian Airlines (the airline we took our very first trip to England--they're totally awesome and even more amazing than Air Canada.) I couldn't believe my eyes. . .they had no gas tax and they were even cheaper than the tickets we bought two years ago! We couldn't resist the cheap price! They were apparently having a deal. So, Mom's Christmas present this year really will be a trip to England. (And yes, Emily weaseled her way into a ticket. She'll be coming along for the ride. . .we couldn't leave her here alone while we're having fun in England!)

I get so excited when I look at our old pictures!



This is Gloucester Cathedral where they filmed the outside of the Harry Potter movies. This was one of the corridors that we found very familiar when we recently watched one of the movies.

This is the outside courtyard in the Harry Potter movies. This trip, we're going to find Lacock Abbey where they filmed most of the indoor scenes.

England is the one place on earth (other than our home) where I feel the best and most complete as a person. There is so much history. . .I could spend three months and not be able to see all of England. One of my favorite things is planning our itinerary for these fun trips we take. It's so fun picking out the cute Bed and Breakfasts.

1 comment:

Tari said...

I'm soooo jealous!!!!!!!!! What an amazing trip!!!!! I can't wait to see new pics!!!! I'm so happy you found a great deal on tickets too!!! Wa-Hoo!!!!