Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shakespeare's House.


When we arrived in Stratford, we needed to find the Information Centre. We noticed these metal plates on the ground that read, "Follow the Diamonds to the Information Centre." It was like a little treasure hunt. There were literally diamonds on the ground for you to follow.



We found the place and got our Heritage Passes. We decided to hop on the Shakespeare tour bus and visit a few sights. Here are a few pictures from the top of the bus.










The first stop was Shakespeare's birthplace. It is the neatest looking house.







We were lucky enough to get pictures of his house without people in them. Last time we went, I couldn't get a picture without somebody standing in the doorway or walking by the windows. But I'm very pleased with these ones.






We then had lunch across the street and walked around a little while we waited for the bus.

I kind of had this thing with taking pictures of adorable doors -- and Stratford had an endless supply of cute doors. I couldn't help it. Why don't we have doors like these at home?







Then we headed out to visit Anne Hathaway's cottage. (Shakespeare's wife)


(A picture of the square outside Shakespeare's birthplace.)




Anne Hathaway's Cottage






They used willow branches to make these little domes in the garden. Last time we were there, it was April, so the leaves hadn't bloomed yet. They were so pretty!



They had a beautiful woodland walk that wasn't there last time. Everything was just starting to bloom so I can only imagine what it would look like in the summer.



And this is my favorite picture of the day. The bus had stopped and we happened to look over the edge and see this cute old man crossing the street on his bike.

1 comment:

Tari said...

Oh my goodness, I almost feel like I was right there with you!!!! AMAZING pics and I LOVE the doors!!!!!!